Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lattice Back Tee-Shirt, DIY

 I have been experimenting with different backs on t-shirts lately. Open back shirts seem to be all the rage during the hot summer months and with all of  the new lacy back bra-lets  it the perfect way to show them off. I would wear this with a colored tank top underneath or over my bathing suit at the beach.
There is just something about a lattice pattern that I am drawn to.
Here is how I made my no sew open back, lattice shirt.

Things you need.
 Shirt
Scissors
Chalk
 Cut off your collar
*You do not have to do this but I like the look of off the shoulder or a boat neck.
 Mark out a square on the back of your shirt, shaping around the collar.
I marked 21 lines to be cut.
 Carefully cut your lines.
 Now you will go back and cut out  a stripe between each of your cuts .
When you do this you will have  11 stripes  left.
This gives the space you need to make a good lattice pattern.
 Save all of your cut outs. These are what you will use to tie your lattice.
Stretch them out to make them long an skinny.
 Now tie your lattice you can start at the bottom or the top.
I marked with numbers so you could see the pattern.
 When you want to attach the sides cut a small hole and lace your string through.
 and tie it to the other string.
here is a bigger view of the sides.

Front
 Surprise back

Have a wonderful Thursday!
Lots of <3,
Anne

5 comments:

  1. I will have to try this, it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this, it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I loved this above post.. The shirts displayed above are just attractive and stylish....Superr...
    Tee

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!